What I'm About

My photo
Portland, Maine, United States
I'm a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a tortilla, deep fried to a golden crisp and smothered in sour cream and salsa. After the relatively short amount of years of living on this planet, only now do I feel like I have anything marginally interesting to say about anything. I hope to be able to write funny things for the most part, but don't be surprised if occasionally there appears some weird erotic fiction or a long-winded, philosophical monologue about the meaning of life. It just all depends on how I'm feeling on any given day. One this is for sure though, there will be cute pictures (and in all likelihood, videos) of bunnies and cats from time to time. So you've officially been warned...

Friday, May 20, 2011

Poetry Corner (Rapture Edition)

This is one of my favorite poems, and it's also one that I know by heart. Hopefully, if the world does end, I hope it goes out in one of these two ways. I know the Rapture isn't supposed to be the big finale, but all the hubbub about it lately has got me in a cataclysmic state of mind, and this poem has been stuck on repeat in my head for the last few days. Well, that and Tool's Aenema. What a friggin' awesome song. Amyway, yeah, I like this poem. Hopefully you will too...

Fire and Ice


Some say the world will end in fire,

Some say in ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those who favor fire.

But if it had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate

To say that for destruction ice

Is also great

And would suffice.


- Robert Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment